Rock Climber & Starters
| Ages 8-15 | 16:30-18:00 | 18:30-20:00 |
Rock Climber & Starters
Rock Climbers and Starters
How does it work?
This is our entry level for children aged (8-15 years) wanting to take their first steps into the sport of rock climbing.
It’s a series of progressive coaching sessions (1.5 hours duration each) starting from basic climbing skills aiming to progress further in the sport.
The content of the sessions follows the NICAS Syllabi. In order to achieve each NICAS accreditation, the candidates are expected to complete all the requirements described in the NICAS syllabus for each Level.
The coaching sessions aim to cater for each individual’s needs. Competence often varies depending on age, previous experience and interest in the sport therefore it’s not guaranteed that all the candidates will achieve the accreditations within the same number of coaching sessions.
If, at the end of the series of sessions, a candidate is still working towards any of the accreditations the next step is to enrol again in the Rock Climbers and Starters sessions to progress further.
These coaching sessions are compatible with Level 1 and Level 2 National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS). Children attending these sessions will be eligible to register with the scheme and gain accreditations as they progress through the nationally recognised coaching scheme. For further information please follow this link?https://www.nicas.co.uk/.
What to bring:
- Long shorts or trousers which allow easy movement.
- Thin trainer socks to wear inside climbing shoes (we can provide climbing shoes)
- No hoodies are allowed whilst climbing
A harness and climbing shoes are included in the price (please bring your own thin socks, trainer socks are ideal).
Please arrive around 10 minutes in advance of your session to get kit and briefing, it is your responsibility to arrive in good time.
Participants should be aged (8-15) years
- A Waiver- General Form of Disclaimer must completed by an authorised adult.
- You must provide all the required details of the participants at the time of booking.
- Minimum climber weight limit 10kg - maximum climber weight limit of 150kg
- Amendments can be made to your booking by emailing us with the updated details, please provide your booking reference number in order to make any changes.
PLEASE NOTE: Green circles show when the course commences not availability, please click on the green circle to check availability.
If course is fully booked, please contact email@example.com and we will contact you should additional places become available.